Thursday, April 30, 2009

Ozark - Skip Day

Today was skip day at Ozark, it’s a day where all the students skip class, so actually no classes are held. I had planned on going fishing with my friend Lacy, her friends and her family. I was so excited to go because I haven’t been fishing in forever. It ended up being stormy on Wednesday and Thursday (skip day) so we didn’t end up doing that.

Instead I figured I would go to Lito’s BBQ that he invited me to at his apartment. It was great, because it was just a close group of us, and the cheeseburgers were the best homemade I have ever had. Lito is a great cook. I invited Lacy to come along because the fishing thing didn’t work out, so we went from 12-2:30 and just hung out over there talking to everyone and just have a good time. So then we had planned to go to her house with her friend JD and watch Smallville and The Office. It was great idea because I wanted to meet her parents, because they were the ones who encouraged me enough to try and fix their laptop (which I did do successfully). Her parents ordered pizza there, and we also had salad. Then we watched a little of the Bulls vs. Celtics championship game which the Bulls ended up winning in triple overtime. Later we had ice cream and cake, which was awesome and then we left shortly thereafter. It was a great time hanging out with Lacy, getting to know my friends’ parents and having fun on Skip Day. It was really strange, but I thought it would be really weird eating dinner with a new family. It generally is for me and that kind of stuff, but Lacy’s parents have a sense of humor against her in a way, so it was kinda fun to poke fun along with them. It really made me feel pretty welcome into their family. Today was a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment