Tuesday, July 6, 2010

@ Home - Thinking about blogging

I think maybe in the future I’m going to try to see if I can review technology. I have been seeing Lito doing stuff with movies… I can’t tell if he’s actually reviewing them or just talking about them… and it got me thinking about things I can do that with.


My dad got a Casio G'zOne Rock because I showed it to him saying that it was the next version of my brother Drew’s phone the Casio G'zOne Boulder. It may be next version I’m not sure, but it seems like it. My dad’s Rock has all sorts of neat phone features:

 

·       Earth Compass performs as a standard compass, showing the distance from and directions to over 40 domestic and worldwide locations
·       Walking Counter measures steps, time, distance, speed and energy consumption
·       Thermometer shows current temperature in both Celsius and Fahrenheit
·       Astro Calendar provides the moon’s age and days until a full or new moon
·       Sunrise Sunset shows the current time and position of the sun and times for sunrise and sunset for current, past and future dates, allowing users to view times for select major cities; shows the ratio of day and night in numbers and graphs
·       Tides shows the tidal graph for the day; shows the time of ebb and flood tides; shows the time of sunrise and sunset; shows past and future sea tide levels; shows tidal graphs for 100 locations made available by Surfline’s webcams, and GPS will show the nearest location; shows the current tide and the best time for fishing”

I tried out the pedometer in the Mall when we got it and it worked pretty well. Also the compass updated itself much faster than Drew’s Boulder... but whatev. I will try and play around with the phone more, but that’ll be a little later.


Oh and another thing is that I tried the Droid Incredible today at the Verizon store and it seemed slow loading pages to me. I’m not sure if that’s Verizon’s end (some would be quick to say “yes”) or if it was the phone, It didn’t impress me much from first look. I didn’t however try out the camera… that is one think I’d like to see how it works. I mean c’mon 8MP in a stinking cell phone, how sweet is that.

No comments:

Post a Comment