Saturday, February 14, 2009

Ozark - Valentines Day

So it has been a heck of a week. I took my first test in Principles of Interpretation and did alright on it for not studying too much; I got a C. I met some cool people, and did some amazing things.

The best thing that I did was go with Trevor to pick up his sister in Springfield Missouri. She was flying in for the weekend, and is going to hang out. So when we were driving back, Trevor wanted to stop by this playground he had driven by so many times. It has a 3 story slide,
so we all get up there and slide down the one that isn’t straight. I go first and slide down. It had sharp right turn in it and it was completely dark out, so it slams me into the side and I just start laughing. Well I’m laughing the whole way down now, and slam into a puddle on the bottom of it. It was raining a few days prior and had built a little water there at the bottom; Traci said that it was like a speed slide and the water got pushed out by my butt. Well then I am smiling and laughing ridiculously hard, and turn around to watch Kevin slide right into it also. Then quickly after Kevin experiences the puddle and starts laughing, Trevor comes flying out. I was laughing because Traci was laughing at his historically. Side note: I am a huge social laugher; sometimes I just laugh because everybody else is, or I am laughing at someone else’s laugh. So Trevor and Kevin are asking me amidst the laughing why I didn’t warn them and I just continue to laugh. After the laughter died down... 15 seconds later... I explain that I couldn’t because I was laughing so hard. It we then run back to the freaking car because it was so cold out. Oh wow was it cold, and now we were soaked. What a glorious night it was!

This afternoon I watched a basketball game that really intrigued me to watch basketball more often. I really wanted to sit by someone who knew the game so I could constantly be asking questions to learn the game. Lacy came and sat next to me at the very end of the game so I could ask her questions, but I wish she were sitting by me the whole time. I had so many questions, and forgot many to ask her.

So it’s Valentine’s Day (or singles awareness day) and I am without anything to do tonight. Literally it’s me, Charlie and Greg on the floor; everyone else is gone. And I don’t even know where they are now. It’s probably like a campus wide game of Sardines and I’m the last one who hasn’t found them.

I would like to go tomorrow to Oronogo and check out their Children’s Ministry service.

No comments:

Post a Comment