Tuesday, September 8, 2009

@ Ozark - Best QT in a long time

I have been going through Genesis during my quiet times and don’t think I ever grasped the story as much as I did this time around. In and around Genesis 25-28 Jacob and Esau, who are twin brothers, have hatred between one another. Basically Jacob is a crafty fellow and gets Esau to sell him his birthright for a little bit of stew, when Esau was extremely famished. Then when Isaac (their father) is old and wants some good food, he asks Esau to catch and cook something up good before he blesses Esau. Jacob tricks his father into giving himself the blessing by dressing up like Esau. So Esau has every reason to be mad at him. Well Jacob moves away and is gone at least 14 years, then he establishes a family and wants to move back toward home. In Genesis 32 Jacob prepares to meet his brother Esau again, but with gifts. It’s strange though because it doesn’t seem like Esau is up to the task to meet his brother alone, so he brings 400 people with him. At this point I’m thinking all of them are going to be yelling “fight, fight, fight, fight!” When in Genesis 33:4 it totally flips around, because Esau runs up to his brother Jacob and throws his arms around him and kisses him. Right when I read this, tears started forming and I was just thrown at the mercy of Bible. It’s this kind of love that I need to show to my brother Drew at all times; even when I feel I have taken away everything from him. This story instantly made me think of Drew and I and such, and just what it was like to come home from the 1st semester away from him and to give him a big hug. Oh gosh, I really feel that I need to do it again, soon. I just miss my brother; he is a vital part in my life, even though he wishes he weren’t.

This is dedicated to my brother.


No comments:

Post a Comment