Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Ozark - Second Day

Today was another great day, not only just because of my classes. I had all my classes today:

7am: Principles of Interpretation with Chad Ragsdale
8am: O.T. History II with Woody Wilkinson
9am: Foundations For Missions with Chris DeWelt
10am: Creation Science with Ron Skaggs

I learned that the supposedly hardest teacher I have, Skaggs, does IT full time and only teaches part time. So I was immediately more attentive to his class. I talked with him after class about what he does and told him that I got my business degree in CIS and was looking for that kind of stuff after Ozark. He was talking to me another Chris, who did a year and a half of game design, about computers; it was great. We’ll see how the semester goes, but I had originally thought about dropping the class and picking up something else.

I then made a list together of things I needed to go to Walmart for and, then went. One of the things on the list was laundry detergent, something I have never purchased before. So giving an opportunity to my mom to help save the day I called her. She answered surprised that I was actually calling. I just was asking if I should go with liquid detergent or if I should use powder. I was raised using the powder detergent washed clothes, so I was leaning that way but just didn’t know. She just told me that I should go with whatever does the most loads for the money. She said I might want to stay away from Tide, because they didn’t like how our clothes looked after being washed with that. Moms are the best! We talked a little about classes and just what was new and how I was getting acquainted with Joplin Missouri. After she told me to call home tonight and talk to dad, she said the three magical words “I Love you,” and without hesitation “I Love you Mom” and then we hung up. I started tearing up madly after I hung up.

I can’t remember the last time I have said that with my heart being entirely in it. I didn’t know it would happen so soon, but am proud to say that I miss my parents and that I Love my Mom. I can only hope the same thing will happen when I call my Dad later tonight.

I then went around Walmart looking further for items I needed. I saw that Walmart had Verizon phones and asked the gentleman behind the counter if I needed a data package for the LG Dare touch screen phone. He said the only one that needed a package was the Blackberry Storm. I asked if I could get the phone on the spot, but realized that I had to be the primary account holder in order to do that. So when I call my Dad tonight I’ll ask him if it would be possible to get me the phone and ship it down here.

Also, I have a weird observation that the ladies that I have met down here before, never talk to me. I don’t know what it is, but I figure they are not trying to do it, it’s weird nevertheless. Now that I think about it though, Jeremiah’s fiancĂ© Kara is the only one who comes up and talks to me, so that’s nice.

I am excited for this semester of classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment