Tuesday, May 11, 2010

@ Ozark - Being vulnerable and following

Today in Chapel we had student speakers that were preaching their BTh sermons and the first one was teaching about Honor. Her passage was 1 Timothy 5. The message was about treasuring what we honor. In that she read 1 Timothy 5:8 "If anyone does not provide for his relatives, and especially for his immediate family, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever." (NIV)

The scripture struck me right in the heart. God's Word does not do this as much as it should in my life, but I immediately felt an example in my life. I knew that I needed to give it up to God. At that moment I started tearing up. I fought it for the sake of not trusting myself (with a false motive), by wanting people to notice what was going on. So I fought this, but just focused on God and what he was teaching me in that moment, and putting my faith in Him. I started shaking because of the crying, then the nose ran and then the tears just started falling. At that moment I completely lost control. I continued reading the scripture the best I could and it got worse. God really stirred in me during the rest of chapel, and I'm so glad that it happened. It let's me know that God is in control and that I can let Him take care of my needs and wants. But more importantly it reminds me that I must be there for my family like none other. Things will be different...

No comments:

Post a Comment