Thursday, June 10, 2010

@ Home - What do I do now?

Can I give up??? I don’t mean giving up praying for my Dad to come around to Christ alone, but with giving my all to donate my kidney. I have arrived here in Arizona with the mentality that everything will work out. That I just need to get the medical imaging done so that we can be sure that I can donate a living kidney to my dad. The very thing that I was originally afraid of has happened; my dad has now refused to take my kidney. He told the case matcher this, so there is nothing that they can do to reverse this unless he says that he is willing to take my kidney. My dad has also not been “all” there these past few days and I am worried that has had some influence in his drastic decision. I understand giving excuses on why he doesn’t want to “take” my kidney, because he wants me to have a “normal” life. That is not who I am, I am not someone who can be selfish and say that I don’t want to have a small sacrifice for someone’s quality of life potentially being drastically improved. I want to help my parents live out their dreams of vacationing in Europe together; this is tough to do when you’re on dialysis 3 times a week. Ughh… now I must regress back to the point. What he can “receive”, he sees as a “take.” He is not taking anything from me that I am giving as a gift to him; he just has to be willing. There was a verse that cut straight to my heart more than I can remember any verse being able to do. It was 1 Timothy 5:8. It was read to many, but it immediately broke me down and I lost control. It happened in the midst of getting tested for compatibility and I believe that this verse still stands. I am willing, but my dad is not. Why?

No comments:

Post a Comment