Tuesday, June 1, 2010

@ Trevor's House - full of hope

Oh my Gosh! Today was a crazy day. I revised my plans at least 2 times. I originally was going to leave for Louisiana today with the end goal of Arizona. I am headed to Louisiana to visit the VanEaton family in Shreveport. Then I called Leggett and Platt this morning and asked about the application process timeline. I ended up talking to Jim, who would apparently know about the process more than the HR people. He and I started talking and he said they were still collecting and reviewing the Application and Career History forms from the candidates. I asked him the about the process and he told me that there is generally a phone interview with HIM, then someone else, then they filter good choices for a face to face interview. He asked if I would have any time conflict, and I told him that I was planning on leaving today but could stay a few days to see if I could hang around for a face to face interview. He asked where I was headed and I told him Chandler Arizona, and he told me that he was just there last week in Mesa visiting family. He said something about the “immigration” stuff that has been going on around there, and I told him I was just told about that today at a bookstore : ) So we just chatted a little bit and he told me that he would put a priority on my application and review it with another person and get in touch with me later this afternoon to let me know what to expect. I then decided I couldn’t leave until he called me with more news. He ended up calling when I was at Trevor’s place in Mt. Vernon, MO and told me that he and the other lady had realized that they were not far enough along in the screening quality applicants for them to do a face to face interview. So they were going to just start the phone interviews in about a week.

I’m just excited I got to small talk with the first person that the phone interview is with. So he knows my interest and tried to shoot for me to get an interview before I left. We’ll see what comes of this, but If I get a phone interview which leads to another, which leads to a face to face interview, I will make every effort to come to Missouri to do it. I’m so greatful for everything.

So now the plan is to leave tomorrow for Shreveport, LA to spend the night then head to Amarillo, TX. From there head home to Chandler, AZ. But it was to leave this morning, then to stay a few days, then it's back to leaving again for home... perhaps just to visit.

While Jordan Starkweather, Kevin Bryant, Trevor and I went to Joplin we had Chick-fil-a and got free everything. Thanks to Jordan who’s dad owns the store that we all went to. Spicy chicken sandwich, free drink and a free cookies and cream milk shake. Man o man I am blessed. Today was another good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment