Thursday, June 3, 2010

@ The VanEaton House (Shreveport, LA) - Digressing from the exciting day

Last night when I arrived at the VanEaton residence I was invited to go with them to their small groups on Wednesday nights. I went and had a good time and we went to Chick-fil-a. It was different than the one I had went to the day prior because they had a VIP Spicy Chicken sandwich section roped off with nobody in it.



It was awesome though because there were lots of interesting people there that we didn’t know… namely Pentecostals (who apparently to Courtney and Brielle wear skirts/dresses, and wear sandals and don’t believe in cutting their hair) and other folk. But Courtney’s friend Brielle is a stinking hoot. She is a really funny girl who said I reminded her of her friend Taylor. Well anyway, the Chick-fil-a in Shreveport wasn’t releasing the spicy chicken sandwiches. Another thing that was interesting was that right when we left I saw a swarm of bugs around the lights outside. I asked if that was something that normally happened and they said yes. But the flying bugs were everywhere. We didn't realize until we started walking to the car that they were all over the ground too. It was like a graveyard of the bugs, but some were on the ground twitching and getting back up and flying around. It seemed like they started trying to fly into us the closer we got the vehicle. It was really freaky and weird. To say the least, this was not normal, and they quickly retracted their "oh yea the bug swarm at night is normal" statement.


Today I spent a day with the VanEaton family and it was really neat and relaxing.



It was neat, because I learned about crazy bands today and Trevor VanEaton gave me one of his 42. He asked which sport I liked and I replied Baseball, so he gave me a baseball player throwing a pitch.



We just lounged around all day and then ran some errands and came back to make dinner. Susaan and Robbie made their famous breakfast (but for dinner) consisting of homemade biscuits and gravy. It was exceptionally good, and that is something that I will miss in Arizona.


Today was also the season premier of Burn Notice and Royal Pains, which I was anticipating for a long time. I ended up missing Burn Notice and only watching the Royal Pains, but whatev...

I am reminded that God is faithful. Nothing makes sense to me when it comes from God. He is the Good that is in everything. He provides me with much more than I need, even through the VanEaton's.


I’m excited to leave for Amarillo Texas tomorrow and to make a trip to Microcenter in Dallas along the way. I’m so weird, and I love computers so much that a trip to Microcenter is like a dream come true. Then I will roll into Arizona on Saturday June 5th. Then it will be the same as when Max says in Where the Wild Things Are “let the wild rumpus begin.”

No comments:

Post a Comment